Nicolas Cage Profile:
- Name: Nicolas Cage
- Birth Name: Nicholas Kim Coppola
- Height: 6' 1"
- Sex: M
- Nationality: American
- Birth Date: January 7, 1964
- Birth Place: Long Beach, California, USA
- Profession: actor, producer
- Education: Beverly Hills High School
- : American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco, California (majored in Acting)
- Husband/Wife: Alice Kim (married on July 30, 2004), Lisa Marie Presley (born on February 1, 1968; married on August 10, 2002 in Hawaii; divorced on May 24, 2004), Patricia Arquette (actress; born on April 8, 1968; married on April 8, 1995; divorced on May 18, 2001)
- Relationship: Kristen Zang (actress; 1992-1994), Sarah Jessica Parker (actress; had one-year relationship), Kristina Fulton (actress; relationship ended in 1991), Lori Allison
- Father: August Coppola (writer)
- Mother: Joy Vogelsang (dancer)
- Brother: Christopher Coppola (director; born on January 25, 1962) and Marc Coppola (actor, disc jockey; born in 1958)
- Grand Father: Carmine Flautist Coppola (composer, musical arranger; born on June 11, 1910; died on April 26, 1991))
- Grand Mother: Italia Coppola (actress)
- Uncle: Francis Ford Coppola (director, producer, screenwriter; born on April 7, 1939)
- Aunt: Talia Shire (actress; born on April 25, 1945)
- Son: Weston Coppola Cage (born in December 1990; mother: Kristina Fulton)
- Claim to fame: as punk rocker Randy in Valley Girl (1983)
Click Here For:
Nicolas Cage Filmography
Nicolas Cage Quotes:
Nicolas Cage Awards:
- After the breakup of his marriage to Lisa Marie Presley, “I'm single and I'm in the place where I can find my own spiritual self and not be weighed down.”
- "To be a good actor you have to be something like a criminal, to be willing to break the rules to strive for something new."
- “I welcomed the idea of bad reviews because that would mean I was doing something that challenged the critics. I thought I could change acting, which isn’t really my goal anymore. But at that time I was headstrong.”
- "As a teen-ager I was more of an anarchist, but now I want people to thrive and be harmonious."
- "Passion is very important to me. If you stop enjoying things, you've got to look at it, because it can lead to all kinds of depressing scenarios."
- "Shock is still fun. I won't ever shut the door on it."
- "I was always shocked when I went to the doctor's office and they did my X-ray and didn't find that I had eight more ribs than I should have or that my blood was the color green." [on feeling different from friends as a kid]
- "My father was always getting excited about something. It's genetically inside me somewhere."
- "It's a family that's loaded with grudges and passion. We come from a long line of robbers and highwaymen in Italy, you know. Killers, even."
- "I cry a lot. My emotions are very close to my surface. I don't want to hold anything in so it it festers and turns into pus - a pustule of emotion that explodes into a festering cesspool of depression."
- "Classes were always a bore to me. I wanted to learn things on my own, not by presentations.I was a loudmouth and a clown. It came as a surprise to me, later, that I could be serious and still get attention."
- "One of the first signs of being depressed is that you lose interest in things. That's why I think it is important to stay passionate."
- Hollywood Makeup Artist and Hair Stylist Guild Awards: Barrymore Award (2004)
- Chicago International Film Festival: Career Achievement Award (2003)
- Toronto Film Critics Association Awards: Best Performance - Male, ADAPTATION (2002)
- ShoWest Award: Distinguished Decade of Achievement in Film (2001)
- Palm Springs International Film Festival: Desert Palm Achievement Award (2001)
- American Cinematheque Gala Tribute: American Cinematheque Award (2001)
- Blockbuster Entertainment Awards: Favorite Actor - Comedy/Romance, THE FAMILY MAN (2001)
- Blockbuster Entertainment Awards: Favorite Actor - Suspense, SNAKE EYES (1999)
- Blockbuster Entertainment Award: Best Actor, CITY OF ANGELS (1999)
- Blockbuster Entertainment Awards: Favorite Actor - Action/Adventure, FACE/OFF (1998)
- MTV Movie Awards: Best On-Screen Duo, shared with John Travolta from their appearance in FACE/OFF (1998)
- San Francisco International Film Festival: Peter J. Owens Award (1998)
- MTV Movie Awards: Best On-Screen Duo, shared with Sean Connery from their appearance in THE ROCK (1997)
- Blockbuster Entertainment Awards: Favorite Actor - Action/Adventure, THE ROCK (1997)
- Chicago Film Critics Association Awards: Best Actor, LEAVING LAS VEGAS (1996)
- Dallas-Forth Worth Film Critics Association Awards: Best Actor, LEAVING LAS VEGAS (1996)
- Montréal World Film Festival: Career Exellence Award (1996)
- National Society of Film Critics Awards: Best Actor, LEAVING LAS VEGAS (1996)
- Screen Actors Guild Award: Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role, LEAVING LAS VEGAS (1996)
- New York Film Critics Circle Awards: Best Actor, LEAVING LAS VEGAS (1995)
- San Sebastián International Film Festival: Best Actor, LEAVING LAS VEGAS (1995)
- Sundance Film Festival: Tribute to Independent Vision Award (1995)
- National Board of Review: Best Actor, LEAVING LAS VEGAS (1995)
- Golden Globe Awards: Best Actor in a Leading Role-Drama, LEAVING LAS VEGAS (1995)
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards: Best Actor, LEAVING LAS VEGAS (1995)
- Academy Awards: Best Actor, LEAVING LAS VEGAS (1995)
- Boston Society of Film Critics Awards: Best Actor, LEAVING LAS VEGAS (1995)
- Catalonian International Film Festival: Best Actor, VAMPIRE'S KISS (1989)
Click Here For:
Nicolas Cage Filmography
Purchase Nicolas Cage Posters
Buy Nicolas Cage Movies