Johnny Depp Profile:
- Name: Johnny Depp
- Birth Name: John Christopher Depp III
- Height: 5' 10
- Sex: M
- Nationality: American
- Birth Date: June 9, 1963
- Birth Place: Owensboro, Kentucky, USA
- Profession: actor, director, musician
- Education: high school (dropped out)
- : Loft Studio in Los Angeles, California (studied with Peggy Feury)
- Husband/Wife: Lori Allison (married in 1983; divorced in 1985)
- Relationship: Vanessa Paradis (actress; French; born on December 22, 1972; dating as of June 1998 until present), Kate Moss (model; engaged in July 1995; separated in 1997), Winona Ryder (actress; separated in 1993), Jennifer Grey (actress), Sherilyn Fenn (actress)
- Father: John Christopher Depp (city engineer)
- Mother: Betty Sue Palmer (waitress)
- Sister: Christie Dembrowski (personal manager; born in 1961)
- Brother: D.P. Depp (screenwriter; older)
- Son: Jack John Christopher Depp III (born on April 9, 2002; mother: Vanessa Paradis)
- Daughter: Lily-Rose Melody (born on May 24, 1999; mother: Vanessa Paradis)
- Claim to fame: as Officer Tom Hanson on TV Series: 21 Jump Street (1987)
Click Here For:
Johnny Depp Filmography
Johnny Depp Quotes:
Johnny Depp Awards:
- "I wouldn't say I'm a heartthrob. I just have a very weird job."
- "I'm warning the paparazzi: If you're going to get me, have a long lens and make sure you're really far away, because if I get my hands on you, it could get ugly. I don't care if they take my photo - although I don't know why anyone needs another picture of me. I don't care if they take Vanessa's [Paradis] photo, but when they take care of my kids, that I can't support. If I catch them I'll bite their noses off, and swallow it."
- "All the amazing people that I've worked with - Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, Dustin Hoffman, have told me consistently: Don't compromise. Do your work, and if what you're giving is not what they want, you have to be prepared to walk away."
- "If there's a message to pass to people, I'd say that it's normal to be different from others. It's good to differ from one another, and we'd better look at ourselves first before we start criticizing someone who looks, acts, speaks different, or has a different skin color. I'd like to continue, even at a minimal level, what John Lennon had started. If I could do as much as a bit of what he did, if I could contribute to the elimination of hatred among us, that would be a great deal."
- "You use your money to buy privacy, because during most of your life, you aren't allowed to be normal."
- "I always have my family with me on the set. This is the most important thing in the world. Family for me is everything."
- “The only gossip I’m interested in is things from the Weekly World News—‘Woman’s bra bursts, 11 injured’. That kind of thing.”"
- "I don't pretend to be captain weird. I just do what I do."
- "The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants."
- "With any part you play, there is a certain amount of yourself in it. There has to be, otherwise it's just not acting. It's lying."
- "I'm an old-fashioned guy...I want to be an old man with a beer belly sitting on a porch, looking at a lake or something."
- "Am I a romantic? I've seen Wuthering Heights ten times. I'm a romantic."
- "The character I've played, that I've responded to, there has been a lost-soul quality to them."
- "Sure, I find it touching, honestly, but awards are not as important to me as when I meet a 10-year-old kid who says, 'I love Captain Jack Sparrow' ... That's real magic for me."
- "The beauty, the poetry of the fear in their eyes. I didn't mind going to jail for, what, five, six hours? It was absolutely worth it."
- "I'm shy, paranoid, whatever word you want to use. I hate fame. I've done everything I can to avoid it."
- "The only gossip I'm interested in is in the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra burst, 11 injured.' That kind of thing."
- "If someone were to harm my family or a friend or somebody I love, I would eat them. I might end up in jail for 500 years, but I would eat them."
- "When kids hit 1 year old, it's like hanging out with a miniature drunk. You have to hold onto them. They bump into things. They laugh and cry. They urinate. They vomit."
- "This is a rumor-filled society and if people want to sit around and talk about whom I've dated, then I'd say they have a lot of spare time and should consider other topics... or masturbation."
- "No matter how famous I am, no matter how many people go to see my movies, I still have the idea that I'm that pale no-hoper that I used to be. A pale no-hoper that happens to be a little lucky now. Tomorrow it'll be all over, then I'll have to go back to selling pens again."
- "I think the thing to do is to enjoy the ride while you're on it."
- "Anything I've done up till 27 May 1999 was kind of an illusion, existing without living. My daughter, the birth of my daughter, gave me life."
- Talking on the SLEEPY HOLLOW set about what it was like being dragged behind a carriage in the woods: "I wasn't afraid of getting hurt, I was just afraid that the horses may relieve themselves on the journey."
- Actors' Fund of America: Artistic Achievement (2004)
- MTV Movie Awards: Male Performance, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: THE CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL (2004)
- Empire Awards: Best Actor, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: THE CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL (2004)
- Screen Actors Guild Awards: Best Lead Film Actor, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: THE CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL (2004)
- Hollywood Film Festival: Actor of the Year (2003)
- Blockbuster Entertainment Award: Favorite Actor - Horror, SLEEPY HOLLOW (2000)
- César Awards: Honorary Award (1999)
- London Critics Circle Film Awards: Actor of the Year, ED WOOD (1996)
- ShoWest Award: Male Star of Tomorrow (1990)
Click Here For:
Johnny Depp Filmography
Purchase Johnny Depp Posters
Buy Johnny Depp Movies