Harrison Ford Profile:
- Name: Harrison Ford
- Birth Name: Harrison Ford II
- Height: 6' 1"
- Sex: M
- Nationality: American
- Birth Date: July 12, 1942
- Birth Place: Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Profession: actor
- Education: Maine Township High School in Park Ridge, Illinois (graduated in 1960; no athletic star, never above a C average)
- : Ripon College in Ripon, Wisconsin (majored in English; bounced out due to low grades, one month prior to graduation)
- Husband/Wife: Melissa Mathison (screenwriter; born on June 3, 1950; married on March 14, 1983 in Los Angeles; separated in August 2001; divorced in January 2004), Mary Marquardt (college sweetheart; married in 1964; divorced in 1979)
- Relationship: Calista Flockhart (actress, Ally McBeal star)
- Father: Christopher Ford (Irish-Catholic; former actor; died on February 10, 1999)
- Mother: Dorothy Ford (Russian-Jewish)
- Brother: Terence Ford (actor; born on April 21, 1945; married Los Angeles TV executive Terri Guitron in 1987; divorced in 1991)
- Grand Father: Vaudevillian
- Son: Malcolm (born in 1987; mother: Melissa Mathison), Willard (teacher; born in 1969; mother: Mary Ford), Benjamin (chef; born in 1967; mother: Mary Ford)
- Daughter: Georgia (born on June 30, 1990; mother: Melissa Mathison)
- Claim to fame: as Han Solo in Star Wars (1977)
Click Here For:
Harrison Ford Filmography
Harrison Ford Quotes:
Harrison Ford Awards:
- "I used to shake my head, as in 'No, I just look like him.'But that's not fair. So I said to those little old ladies at Treneton airport, 'Yes I am Harrison Ford'. And they still didn't believe it was me".
- About Calista Flockhart, "Surely, my most intimate relationship outside of my children is with her. And that meant a great deal to me."
- "I'm proud to be here to represent the film. I do not consider the box-office showing to be a true measure of the effect of the film. I think it's going to be around a long, long time."(at the 59th Venice Film Festival to represent K-19: THE WIDOWMAKER)
- "When we started the film there were some questions among the crew about our motivations and we met with many of the survivors and...represented our intention to acknowledge the sacrifice that those men made. I think the concerns were addressed years ago.
- When asked: If heaven exists, what would you want God to say to you at the pearly gates? - "You're a lot better looking in person."
- "It's a little-known fact, but I wanted Han Solo to die at the end of Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983). I thought it would give more weight and resonance. But George Lucas wasn't sympathetic. He didn't want me killed by those teddy bear guys."
- "I don't do stunts - I do running, jumping and falling down. After 25 years I know exactly what I'm doing "
- "I don't think I've mastered anything.I'm still wrestling with the same frustrations, the same issues, the same problems as I always did. That's what life is like."
- "Once a film is finished, it's over for me. I'm on to something else."--explaining his disinterest in reliving the role of Han Solo, even after the Star Wars trilogy was reissued in 1997. "
- "The loss of anonymity is something that nobody can prepare you for. When it happened, I recognized that I'd lost one of the most valuable things in life. To this day, I'm not all that happy about it."
- "I think I did have a reputation for being grumpy. I don't think I'm grumpy. I have opinions. I have an independent vision. I am a purposeful person. But on a daily basis, I think I'm other than grumpy. I think it is a case where I am coming to do business and not there just to be flattered and cajoled and used."
- "I'm like a fireman. When I go out on a call, I want to put out a big fire, I don't want to put out a fire in a dumpster."
- "I used to shake my head, as in 'No, I just look like him.'But that's not fair. So I said to those little old ladies at Treneton airport, 'Yes I am Harrison Ford'. And they still didn't believe it was me". "
- "I don't use any particular method. I'm from the lets-pretend school of acting."
- "You know you are getting old when all the names in your black book have MD after them."
- Iím like old shoes. Iíve never been hip. I think the reason Iím still here is that I was never enough in fashion that I had to be replaced by something new.Ē
- "If you're asking me to acknowledge that I've gotten older, I can do that."
- "If by mature and reflective, you mean not running, jumping and falling down every time, I've always done serious talking movies, and then a running, jumping, falling down movie, and then a comedy, and so forth. Yeah, I have gotten older. But I think it's the opportunity to do different kinds of characters."
- "I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him."
- "Because young men are so goddamn disappointing!" [on why women like older leading men]"
- "I'm addicted to Altoids. I call them 'acting pills.''"
- "It's very little trouble for me to accomodate [my fans], unless I'm actually taking a pee at the time."
- World Stunt Awards: Taurus Honorary Award (2003)
- Young Hollywood Awards: Role Model Award (2003)
- Blockbuster Entertainment Awards: Favorite Actor - Suspense, WHAT LIES BENEATH (2001)
- Golden Globe Awards: Cecil B. DeMille Award (2001)
- American Film Institute: Life Achievement Award (2000)
- People's Choice Award: Favorite Motion Picture Actor (2000)
- Blockbuster Entertainment Awards: Favorite Actor - Comedy/Romance, SIX DAYS SEVEN NIGHTS (1999)
- People's Choice Award: Favorite All-Time Movie Star (1999)
- People's Choice Award: Favorite Motion Picture Actor (1998)
- Bambi Awards: Film - International, AIR FORCE ONE (1997)
- Hasty Pudding Theatricals: Man of the Year (1996)
- Academy of Science Fiction, Horror and Fantasy Films: Lifetime Achievement Award (1996)
- Blockbuster Entertainment Awards: Favorite Actor - Action, On Video, CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER (1995)
- Blockbuster Entertainment Awards: Favorite Actor - Action, Theatrical, CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER (1995)
- Blockbuster Entertainment Awards: Favorite Actor - Action, On Video, THE FUGITIVE (1994)
- MTV Movie Awards: Best On-Screen Duo, THE FUGITIVE (1994) - shared with Tommy Lee Jones
- ShoWest Convention: Special Award - Box Office Star of the Century (1994)
- Saturn Award: Best Actor, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK (1982)
Click Here For:
Harrison Ford Filmography
Purchase Harrison Ford Posters
Buy Harrison Ford Movies