Dustin Hoffman Profile:
- Name: Dustin Hoffman
- Birth Name: Dustin Lee Hoffman
- Height: 5' 5 1/2"
- Sex: M
- Nationality: American
- Birth Date: August 8, 1937
- Birth Place: Los Angeles, California, USA
- Profession: actor
- Education: Santa Monica City College (dropped out)
- : Pasadena Playhouse, Actor's Studio
- : Los Angeles Conservatory of Music
- Husband/Wife: Lisa Gottsegen ( former lawyer; married in October 1980), Anne Byrne (ballerina; married on May 3, 1969; divorced in 1980)
- Father: Harvey Hoffman (set and furniture designer)
- Mother: Lillian Hoffman (amateur actress)
- Brother: Ronald Hoffman (attorney)
- Son: Maxwell Hoffman (actor; born on August 30, 1984), Jake Hoffman (actor; born on March 20, 1981)
- Daughter: Alexandra Hoffman, Rebecca Hoffman (actress; born on March 17, 1983), Jenna Byrne (actress; born on October 15, 1970), Karina Byrne
Click Here For:
Dustin Hoffman Filmography
Dustin Hoffman Quotes:
Dustin Hoffman Awards:
- "For me as an American, the most painful aspect of this is that I believe that that administration has taken the events of 9/11 and has manipulated the grief of the country and I think that's reprehensible."
- "I believe - though I may be wrong, because I'm no expert - that this war is about what most wars are about: hegemony, money, power and oil."
- On adversity: "In my room as a kid... I'd play a fighter and get knocked to the floor and come back to win."
- On talent: "If you have this enormous talent, it's got you by the balls, it's a demon. You can't be a family man and a husband and a caring person and be that animal. Dickens wasn't that nice a guy."
- "I lived below the official American poverty line until I was 31."
- "I got into acting so that I could meet girls. Pretty girls came later. First, I wanted to start off with someone with two legs, who'd smile at me and look soft."
- "We all believe what we read. I read how Tom Cruise and I were two big egos holding up shooting. I know that isn't true - but if I wasn't making a movie with him and I just picked up the paper, I'd believe it. That's interesting, isn't it?"
- On him and Gene Hackman being stage actors in New York City prior to their success: "Psychologically, Gene/myself, we did not think about making it in the terms that people think about. We fully expected to be failures for our entire life. Meaning that we would always be scrambling to get a part. We were actors. We had no pretensions. There was more dignity in being unsuccessful."
- "I feel cheated never being able to know what it's like to get pregnant, carry a child and breast feed"
- "I envy people who can just look at a sunset. I wonder how you can shoot it. There is nothing more grotesque to me than a vacation."
- "A good review from the critics is just another stay of execution."
- Empire Film Awards: Lifetime Achievement Award (2003)
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: Distinguished Actor Award (2003)
- Golden Camera (Germany): Golden Camera for Lifetime Achievement - Film (2003)
- San Francisco International Film Festival: Peter J. Owens Award (2003)
- CineVegas International Film Festival: Marquee Award (2002)
- Hollywood Makeup Artist and Hair Stylist Guild Awards: Barrymore Award (2002)
- American Film Institute: Life Achievement Award (1999)
- BAFTA/LA Britannia Awards: Excellence in Film (1997)
- Golden Globe Awards: Cecil B.DeMille Award (1996)
- Venice Film Festival: Career Golden Lion (1996)
- People's Choice Awards: World-Favorite Motion Picture Actor (1990)
- Academy Awards: Best Actor, RAIN MAN (1989)
- Berlin International Film Festival: Honorary Golden Berlin Bear (1989)
- David di Donatello Awards: Best Foreign Actor, RAIN MAN (1989)
- Golden Globe Awards: Best Actor in a Leading Role-Drama, RAIN MAN (1989)
- People's Choice Awards: Favorite Dramatic Motion Picture Actor (1989)
- Emmy Awards: Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Special, DEATH OF A SALESMAN (1986)
- Golden Globe Awards: Best Actor in a Leading Role--Mini-Series or Television Movie, DEATH OF A SALESMAN (1985)
- British Academy Award: Best Actor Leading, TOOTSIE (1984)
- Boston Society of Film Critics Awards: Best Actor, TOOTSIE (1983)
- Golden Globe Awards: Best Actor in a Leading Role-Musical or Comedy, TOOTSIE (1983)
- National Society of Film Critics Awards: Best Actor, TOOTSIE (1983)
- Academy Awards: Best Actor, KRAMER VS. KRAMER (1980)
- David di Donatello Awards: Best Foreign Actor, KRAMER VS. KRAMER (1980)
- Golden Globe Awards: Best Actor in a Leading Role-Drama, KRAMER VS KRAMER (1980)
- National Society of Film Critics Awards: Best Actor, KRAMER VS. KRAMER (1980)
- New York Film Critics Circle Awards: Best Actor, KRAMER VS. KRAMER (1979)
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards: Best Actor, Kramer vs. Kramer (1979)
- Hasty Pudding Theatricals: Man of the Year (1972)
- Laurel Awards: Golden Laurel - Star, Male (1971)
- Laurel Awards: Golden Laurel - Male Dramatic Performance, MIDNIGHT COWBOY (1970)
- British Academy Award: Best Actor Leading, JOHN AND MARY (1970)
- British Academy Award: Best Actor Leading, MIDNIGHT COWBOY (1970)
- David di Donatello Awards: Best Foreign Actor, MIDNIGHT COWBOY (1970)
- British Academy Award: Best Newcomer, THE GRADUATE (1969)
- Golden Globe Awards: New Star of the Year- Male, THE GRADUATE (1968)
Click Here For:
Dustin Hoffman Filmography
Purchase Dustin Hoffman Posters
Buy Dustin Hoffman Movies